In this fast paced competitive world, people are aware of the importance of achieving fluency in English language and this is why they attend exams like IELTS. This is a recognized authority for English language testing and many coaching centers and tutors are offering services all over the world. Most coaching centers claim lofty success rates on their advertisements in order to appeal potential candidates. Unfortunately, there are no central authorities to control the growth and quality of these coaching centers. Moreover, many centers ask high amounts from students and provide them unplanned and substandard coaching in return.
Some centers follow unscrupulous ways to teach candidates attending IELTS exam. In some countries impersonation has also been caught, which points towards the increased coaching center crimes for gaining high IELTS scores. Tight competition provides candidates more choices for choosing a good and reputed IELTS coaching center.
Things to consider
Here we list out a few important points to consider when choosing a coaching center for IELTS learning.
• Look for an institution that offer training for multiple exams. For example, if the institution offer training for GMAT, TOEFL, GRE, etc, it will have an edge over competitors and offer quality training for IELTS exam.
• Check out the quality of students learning in the institution. A coaching center that has students that are working professionals in international companies or from reputed universities is an added advantage. They will converse in English mostly, which will help you improve your standard and earn a chance to communicate with them fluently and correct your grammar as well.
• Check if the coaching center provides students with good study materials. If you have enrolled in distance education and the institution sends you study materials, you have more chances to get quality materials.
• IELTS exam coaching needs a minimum duration of 2 hours of effective coaching. If the time is less than this, you will compromise the quality.
• Quality centers have foreign born English speaking staffs to teach students. This accelerates students’ quality of English and helps them learn and understand the accent and pronunciation.
• Check out the strength of class and type of teaching. The more the students, the lower the attention would be. Verify the strength with a ratio of number of students with staff. The best ratio is 1 teach for 6 students. To get an idea on the type of teaching, you should check the overview of the course and discuss with the students studying in the center.
Thus, consider these elements before you enroll in a coaching center for IELTS exam. You will be able to choose the right and qualified one.